1. Hello,

I'm completely new to WoW-programming, and I was wondering where to get the physical coordinates of the Player in order to make something like a compass (heading, location), and very importantly: the z-coordinate, either absolute or relative (above the landscape) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Marijn

2. I'm completely new to WoW-programming, and I was wondering where to get the physical coordinates of the Player in order to make something like a compass (heading, location), and very importantly: the z-coordinate, either absolute or relative (above the landscape) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The Z coordinate isn't information the game client makes available. You can get the player's location using GetPlayerMapPosition but that's only the position on a given map. You can get the player's heading with GetPlayerFacing. Map/coordinate/compass-like stuff in WoW is quite difficult, and we mostly use libraries (such as Astrolabe) to make it easier. You may want to look at TomTom, it may help you a bit.

3. Thanks for the information. I am a bit disappointed, though. What I actually want to do is create an Artificial horizon for when I'm flying and in order to do that I need the Z-coordinate and how much it changes...

oh well,another idea down the crapper

Cheerio and Toodle Pip,

Marijn