1. I've been spinning my wheels all day trying to get a frame to hide. The frame is from addon Bazooka and is called BazookaBar_1 when I use /framestack.

When I try to hide it I get an error attempt to index global BazookaBar1 a nil value. Below is my current code. I've tried Bazooka.BazookaBar1 as well. How do I make a frame from another addon local? Or is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance.

local function topmenudisplay()
     if TopmenuShow == 1 then
     topmenu:Show()
     topmenuborder:Show()
     BazookaBar_1:Show()

end

if TopmenuShow == nil then
     topmenu:Hide()
     topmenuborder:Hide()
     BazookaBar_1:Hide()
     end
     end

2. You don't have to make it local, you can just refer to it using the global name, if it has one.

/dump GetMouseFocus():GetName()

Then to try and hide it:

/run _G[GetMouseFocus():GetName()]:Hide()

3. if I type the command in chat window it works fine. I get same error when I added it to the

function.
     function topmenudisplay()

if TopmenuShow == 1 then
     topmenu:Show()
     topmenuborder:Show()
     _G["BazookaBar_1"]:Show()
     else
     if TopmenuShow == nil then
     topmenu:Hide()
     topmenuborder:Hide()
     _G["BazookaBar_1"]:Hide()
     end
     end
     end

4. The frame probably doesn't exist at that point. You have to wait until everything's been initialized and loaded.

5. I have Bazooka set as a dependency. Wouldn't everything be loaded before my addon?

6. No. Many addons don't do things until after one of the loading events.

7. Since the command works like I want it to. Should I suppress the error somehow or figure out a way to make sure the BazookBar_1 is initialized before running the function?

8. I got the error to stop by changing the function to this. Seems like this will be a lot of overhead. Is there a better way to to it?

topmenu:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
     local timeleft = 1 --set the countdown to w/e you want
     local f = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, UIParent)
     f:SetScript("OnUpdate", function(_,arg)
       timeleft = timeleft - arg
       if timeleft >= 0 then
         timeleft = nil
         f:SetScript("OnUpdate", nil)
         topmenudisplay()
       end
     end)
     end)

9. Two things, you should register the appropriate event and make sure that your code runs after the other code. There's no overhead to this.

This just adds a static time. You would be better off waiting until one of the loading events and then checking and triggering a timer only if it still hasn't loaded.