1. I have 30 dropdown menus used on one screen of my addon. The selection within all of those dropdowns is based of the selection of a main dropdown menu on the page. So when the main dropdown changes the 30 others need to update their menu selections. Im having an issue trying to figure out how to do that.

My menus show and I can have them populate with one set of selections just fine. But I cant figure out how to update those menus on a change. so remove the current selections and add a new set. Below is the code im using for my DDMs

if not BG_Planner_DDM then
                CreateFrame("Button", "BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM", BG_Planner_Frame_Legend, "UIDropDownMenuTemplate")
        end

BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM:ClearAllPoints()
        BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM:SetPoint("LEFT", 150, 12)
        BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM:Show()

local items = {"Select BG", "Arathi Basin", "Warsong Gulch", "Eye of the Storm", "Strands of the Ancient", "Battle for Gilneas", "Twin Peaks", "Silvershard Mines", "Temple of Kotmogu", "Deepwind Gorge"}

local function OnClick(self)
                UIDropDownMenu_SetSelectedID(BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM, self:GetID())
                BG_Planner_ProcessDDM(self.value)
        end

local function initialize(self, level)
                local info = UIDropDownMenu_CreateInfo()
                for k,v in pairs(items) do
                info = UIDropDownMenu_CreateInfo()
                info.text = v
                info.value = v
                info.func = OnClick
                UIDropDownMenu_AddButton(info, level)
                end
        end
        UIDropDownMenu_Initialize(BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM, initialize)
        UIDropDownMenu_SetWidth(BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM, 140);
        UIDropDownMenu_SetButtonWidth(BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM, 124)
        UIDropDownMenu_SetSelectedID(BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM, 1)
        UIDropDownMenu_JustifyText(BG_Planner_BG_Select_DDM, "LEFT")

2. I don't have time right now. I create this code very quickly check it and tell me is it work. I can write more but not tooday. Code below is same here http://ideone.com/n09ChE for better look

PS: Sorry for Language

DropDownMenu1 = CreateFrame("Button", "DropDownMenuTest", UIParent, "UIDropDownMenuTemplate")
     --write here your code to add some "items" to drop down menu and rest of code
     --that is needed to create it correct
     DropDownMenu1:RegisterEvent("OnClick")--add on click event to register event
     DropDownMenu1:SetScript("OnClick",UploadDropDownMenu2) -- handle function 
     --UnploadDropDownMenu1 when DropDownMenu1 is pressed

DropDownMenu2 = CreateFrame("Button", "DropDownMenuTest2", UIParent, "UIDropDownMenuTemplate")
     DropDownMenu2:RegisterEvent("OnClick")
     DropDownMenu2:SetScript("OnClick",UploadDropDownMenu3)--handle function 
     --UnploadDropDownMenu2 when DropDownMenu1 is pressed

DropDownMenu3 = CreateFrame("Button", "DropDownMenuTest3", UIParent, "UIDropDownMenuTemplate")

local items = {
        "Alpha",
        "Beta",
        "Gamma",
        "Delta",
     }

function UploadDropDownMenu2() -- this function is called when DropDownMenu1 i Clicked
           local info = this
              info.text = v
              info.value = v
              info.func = OnClick
           end
        end
     end

function UploadDropDownMenu3()-- this function is called when DropDownMenu12 i Clicked
           local info = this
              info.text = v
              info.value = v
              info.func = OnClick
           end
        end
     end

3. Thanks for the post. I looked at that and did the best I could but still having no luck. Ill explain my setup and post my update section below.

I have 2 columns of 15 dropdowns each named individually when initially created. Column1-1 Column1-2 ... Column1-15 Column2-1 Column2-2 ... Column2-15

I then have one main dropdown menu. That main dropdown has a listing of Battlegrounds, AB, Eye, WSG... When the BG is selected I want to update the 30 dropdowns with info specific for that BG. My column dropdown draw fine and my main populates and works fine. When I click the BG select DDM it runs the update function I want it to because I have debug going to chat and can see it. BUT it doesnt update any data in the 30 dropdowns

`function BGPlannerProcessDDM(selectedBG)

items = {"No Assignment", "ST", "BS", "LM", "GM", "Farm", "Offense1", "Offense2", "Backup ST", "Backup BS","Backup LM","Backup GM","Backup Farm", "Flag Spinner1", "Flag Spinner2", "CC1", "CC2", "CC3"}
    if (BG_Planner_Debug == "yes") then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("BG Planner Debug: DDM update: "..items[3]) end
    for columnCount = 1, 2 do
        -- This for section create one column of dropdown menus for the raid
        for raidCount = 1, NumRaidMembers do
            local BG_Planner_DDM = "Column"..columnCount.."-"..raidCount
            if columnCount == 2 then colTemp = colSecondary else colTemp = colPrimary end
            if (BG_Planner_Debug == "yes") then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("BG Planner Debug: DDM update: "..BG_Planner_DDM) end
            local function initialize(BG_Planner_DDM, level)
                if (BG_Planner_Debug == "yes") then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("BG Planner Debug: "..v) end
                local info = UIDropDownMenu_CreateInfo()
                    info.text = v
                    info.value = v
                end
            end
        end
    end
    if (BG_Planner_Debug == "yes") then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("BG Planner Debug: "..selectedBG) end
    if (BG_Planner_Debug == "yes") then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("BG Planner Debug: END update dropdowns with new BG selection") end

end`

4. i write an addon for you. Run this in game after, read the code. this code isn't very good. I just write this for you :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsd2tvhkmle8ac2/idChecker.rar

if you are scary of Virus here is code

File Core.lua https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzn1hIzpHkn9dS1ranpBa3lZVmM/edit

File IDCCoreFrame.xml(you dont have to look at this its only frame) https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzn1hIzpHkn9aTN6b3plSjV1eEU/edit?usp=sharing

and File idChecker.toc https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzn1hIzpHkn9X3BKMFc5VGZtbWM/edit?usp=sharing

PS: Don't look at addon name, i just change an other addon code

5. Thanks for the post! with that I was able to get my menus to populate. I now have a new question. For the initialize function how can you pass the frame name as a variable?

UIDropDownMenuInitialize(Frame, DDMInitialize)

If I try to use a variable in place of "Frame" it kicks an error.