1. hi i am working on an addon; it should display an arrow above "focus" & "target" with colors as per friendly or hostility. i am able to display arrows above nameplates but unable to hide them when no target. i am sorry i am new to this WoW programming; i tried frame:Hide(), :ClearAllPoints() but did not work it still displays arrow although rotation stops. i tried following:

self:SetParent(UIParent) self.arrow:ClearAllPoints() self:Hide()

also is it possible to display arrow above target even if no nameplate is on?

i am currently using libNameplate. Further i would like to show an arrow on top of screen that would show direction to where target is;

2. That should hide it, but I don't have nay information to figure out why. I've never done anything with nameplates, you're better off asking on one of the nameplate addon's forums/comments to get better information. If you have a more general question I can try to help you.

1. is it possible to check coordinates of a target or unitID if its in < 80 range?

suppose a target is towards right of player and not visible in current view how can i possibly display direction towards a targeted unit? i mean is it possible to get coordinates or something for target?

1. is it possible to attach my arrow above players head if there are no nameplates?
    1. is it possible to check coordinates of a target or unitID if its in < 80 range?

suppose a target is towards right of player and not visible in current view how can i possibly display direction towards a targeted unit? i mean is it possible to get coordinates or something for target?

I do not believe you can get non-friendly targets using http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/GetPlayerMapPosition

1. is it possible to attach my arrow above players head if there are no nameplates?

Not that I'm aware of. The system with nameplates is all done in the game client, not in the Lua engine. The 'nameplates' addons go to great lengths to detect and alter them. Without them you have no way to locate the character in the 3d world, and even with them that is very difficult.

You are not supposed to be able to add things to the 3d world, intentionally.