1. Heya,

I've been looking around for almost a week now and I've really not been able to find any definitive answer to my problem.

I have a load of DropDownMenu's (UIDropDownMenuTemplate) and I need to be able to find out their currently selected value and even change it - remotely. I don't need to add or remove buttons, just change which one is selected or find out which one is selected - or both.

For example, I have a DropDownMenu who's buttons are reputation values {"Neutral", "Friendly", etc.}; But I need to be able to change which one is selected, probably a long time after it's been created. Essentially I need a Set and Get for it.

I know I have to do something when it's initialised to be able to manipulate it but for the life of me I can't find anything that works.

Edit: I forgot to mention I'd rather not have to use XML.

I appreciate any help anyone could give me, thank you. --Emmo

2. Ok, I think I get it. I tried initializing the DropDownMenu's whenever I need to get or set their value, and then immediately using Set or GetSelectedID.

Problem is, if I use it like this, the text in the DropDownMenu always comes up as "Custom", even though the ID is correct and when I click on the DropDownMenu it shows the correct item being selected.

Is there any way to fix that?

3. I think you can call SetText or whatever it is to set it? They've changed this particular thing so many times its pretty frustrating remembering which version of wacky we're on =)

4. Ok, I'll give it a go. Cheers for the help. :)

5. Well, I've found something that works, but it's a bit ugly.

ToggleDropDownMenu(1, nil, DDM);
     UIDropDownMenu_SetSelectedID(DDM, id);
     ToggleDropDownMenu(1, nil, DDM);

Basically it opens the DropDownMenu, changes the ID, then closes it again. Like I said, ugly, but it works.

Nothing else I've tried worked, so this'll have to do for now.

If anyone can get a cleaner solution I'd be happy to hear it.

Cheers for the help. :)