1. Hi guys, I need some help with custom function for one addon (Weak Auras). Im trying to get name of Stormlash Totem caster and announce it to say channel. But Im not that good in lua so Im just trying to combine pieces of code together with no avail ofc :) my best shot was this:

function announce (event, timestamp, message, hideCaster, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags, ...)
         if message == "SPELL_SUMMON" and spellName == "Stormlash Totem" then
             SendChatMessage(sourceName .. " applied Stormlash Totem!", "SAY");
             return true
         end
     end

I guess its all wrong but at least Im trying. Can you help me with this? Thx.

2. That's a start, but you'd need to create a frame and register for the appropriate events in order for it to work.

3. I guess that frame and other things are handled through Weak Auras addon. This is just one custom function amongst many.

4. Is there an existing "announce" function that you're adding this code to, or are you creating the function? If it's the latter, it's not going to do anything unless you modify other code in the addon to call it when needed.