1. Hi everyone, got a bit of an odd question for you all. I need a way to get the current movement speed of certain players in a raid group. I found the GetUnitSpeed function, and tried this (for example):

speed = GetUnitSpeed("raid2");

But it always returns 0, no matter what. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

[EDIT]

Okay, small follow-up - I looked at the API listing for this function on this very site, and discovered that this works:

speed, groundSpeed, flightSpeed, swimSpeed = GetUnitSpeed("raid2");

speed appears to always be 0 for me, but the other three have values. However, this requires the raid member to be within some "range" of me; if they're too far away, all four values still end up being 0.

Does anyone know if there's a way to determine their movement speed(s) even if they aren't within range of my own character?

[/EDIT]

2. No, unfortunately, they need to be in your area of interest for that information to be available.

3. Okay, thank you for that info. My plan B was to scan the tooltips of the player's buffs for things like "increases ground speed by ___%"... is this possible either?

4. If it's available, you can certainly try.