1. How do you increase the font size in the chat edit box?

NOW, before you respond, note:

• I'm not talking about the whole chat box font; I'm just talking about the place where you type in text
    • Don't say 'I'm pretty sure Prat or Chatter do this' because they don't -- I need another alternative

Thanks.

2. How do you increase the font size in the chat edit box?

You use the EditBox:SetFont() method to change the font that is being used for that widget.

NOW, before you respond, note:

• I'm not talking about the whole chat box font; I'm just talking about the place where you type in text
    • Don't say 'I'm pretty sure Prat or Chatter do this' because they don't -- I need another alternative

I'm not sure if you meant it this way, but I don't really find this sort of post appropriate. I appreciate you providing information about the context of your question, but the phrase "NOW, before you respond" is really quite aggressive. I've never spoken to you, I'm not sure who you are, so I'm not sure why you feel this is the correct way to ask me for help. I really don't care if you're been frustrated in other forums before, that does not have anything to do with me.

Thanks.

You are welcome.

3. Sorry, that was a copy paste from the wow forums :(

can you give me an example like : editbox.setfont(12) or how I write it.

4. Sorry, that was a copy paste from the wow forums :(

can you give me an example like : editbox.setfont(12) or how I write it.

If you follow the link he provided it shows you the proper syntax and some examples of font files and their paths. Where it says FontInstance replace that with the widget name in this case ChatFrame#EditBox where # is a number 1 through the number of chat frames. More than likely you are wanting to affect ChatFrame1. So ChatFrame1EditBox:SetFontString("filename", fontHeight, "Flags") or you could use a for or while loop just to be certain you have affected all the editboxes.