1. Well, I'm a compelte noob to programming and more specifically WOW programming, but I do have the 2nd edition book and am working through it. I have done several tutorials online as well. While working through the book and the BagBuddy tutorial (love it!), I am working on my own addon as well. Things are progressing slowly, as expected, but steadily. Currently I am a little stuck in trying to figure out how to get SimpleHTML to work. I have scoured the internet looking for examples and they are far and few between. Here are my questions:

1. Can anyone link some sample code using SimpleHTML.
    2. I believe SimpleHTML can be used in LUA or the XML file. Is there a better place.
    3. Is it possible to use SimpleHTML to load html text from a separate file. For example, if I had Myaddon.lua, Myaddon.xml, Myaddon.toc, and MyaddonInformation.html could I call in the text located inside MyaddonInformation.html into a frame that was created in Myaddon.xml? I assume that in my .toc file I would have to list that file as well.

It would seem that what I am trying to do is fairly simple, maybe so simple that there are no examples that I could find complete enough to help me figure it out. I apologize ahead of time for my noobness! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aziele

2. Well, I'm a compelte noob to programming and more specifically WOW programming, but I do have the 2nd edition book and am working through it. I have done several tutorials online as well. While working through the book and the BagBuddy tutorial (love it!), I am working on my own addon as well. Things are progressing slowly, as expected, but steadily. Currently I am a little stuck in trying to figure out how to get SimpleHTML to work. I have scoured the internet looking for examples and they are far and few between. Here are my questions:

1. Can anyone link some sample code using SimpleHTML.

Very few addons use it. LightHeaded does, but does not make any use of the markup, it just uses it as a big text field.

1. I believe SimpleHTML can be used in LUA or the XML file. Is there a better place.

Nope, doesn't matter.

1. Is it possible to use SimpleHTML to load html text from a separate file. For example, if I had Myaddon.lua, Myaddon.xml, Myaddon.toc, and MyaddonInformation.html could I call in the text located inside MyaddonInformation.html into a frame that was created in Myaddon.xml? I assume that in my .toc file I would have to list that file as well.

No. You have to use the SetText() method to set the contents and hyperlinks to other files just don't exist, you'd have to implement them yourself.

It would seem that what I am trying to do is fairly simple, maybe so simple that there are no examples that I could find complete enough to help me figure it out. I apologize ahead of time for my noobness! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope what I gave you helps, let me know if it doesn't.

3. Thanks for the response. I think the help I need right now is even more basic than that. Let's say I want to put the phrase "Hello World" inside a frame that is already created. Assuming I would like to use SimpleHTML (because I would like to actually put in a whole lot of text into a frame) how do I write the Syntax. Let's assume that I will be writing the SimpleHTML stuff in LUA while the frame was written in XML.

In your book I gather I would write something like

SimpleHTML:SetText("Hello World")

But what else do I need to to include before or after this to 1) make it valid code and 2) place it inside the frame that is already created?

4. Thanks for the response. I think the help I need right now is even more basic than that. Let's say I want to put the phrase "Hello World" inside a frame that is already created. Assuming I would like to use SimpleHTML (because I would like to actually put in a whole lot of text into a frame) how do I write the Syntax. Let's assume that I will be writing the SimpleHTML stuff in LUA while the frame was written in XML.

In your book I gather I would write something like

SimpleHTML:SetText("Hello World")

But what else do I need to to include before or after this to 1) make it valid code and 2) place it inside the frame that is already created?

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you have a frame, and you want to add a SimpleHTML widget inside of it, you just need to do that, either via XML or Lua. You need to give the SimpleHTML frame a name when you create it, and then you just simply:

NameYouGaveTheSimpleHTMLFrame:SetText("Hello World")

Do you not have any idea how to do any of that?