1. I really can't find much information right now on what's going on with the sound file support so I was hoping someone here might have some knowledge.

Pre 4.x .wav files would play without an issue, now that is not the case, however .mp3 and .ogg are playing fine. I'm assuming this is a bug that is going to be fixed, or are they removing support for .wav files entirely?

I understand their sound system underwent changes (some of those changes I'm not really fond of but that's another topic of discussion) and I'm wondering if this is just going to be a hiccup or not.

Thanks for any help in this.

2. I really can't find much information right now on what's going on with the sound file support so I was hoping someone here might have some knowledge.

Pre 4.x .wav files would play without an issue, now that is not the case, however .mp3 and .ogg are playing fine. I'm assuming this is a bug that is going to be fixed, or are they removing support for .wav files entirely?

I understand their sound system underwent changes (some of those changes I'm not really fond of but that's another topic of discussion) and I'm wondering if this is just going to be a hiccup or not.

Thanks for any help in this.

They've removed support for WAV as far as I am aware. As a matter of fact, the 'Applying non-critical updates' that happens in the launcher is the conversion of sounds to ogg. I don't have much information other than that.

3. As a matter of fact, the 'Applying non-critical updates' that happens in the launcher is the conversion of sounds to ogg. I don't have much information other than that.

I wondered what all that was; thank you for the what's up!