1. I am working on an add-on that shows pet information, etc. I have run into the issue after the 4.0.1 patch that level 1 characters get a pet from the start. The issue I'm running into is that my add-on does not recognize the pet until level 10. Is there any way around this, or is it simply because of the limited control a hunter has on their new level 1 pets until they technically get "tame beast"?

I have found that I can use normal pet functions to get names, type, HP, Exp for the pet and print them to the chatbox. I just cannot make my addon realize the pet is "summoned" and then kick in and show.

(currently it hides itself until a pet is summoned, but I'm guessing since you can't dismiss your level 1 pet...you technically can't summon it...)

2. I am working on an add-on that shows pet information, etc. I have run into the issue after the 4.0.1 patch that level 1 characters get a pet from the start. The issue I'm running into is that my add-on does not recognize the pet until level 10. Is there any way around this, or is it simply because of the limited control a hunter has on their new level 1 pets until they technically get "tame beast"?

It's just the way it is. It's not really a pet, but it's a pet =)

I have found that I can use normal pet functions to get names, type, HP, Exp for the pet and print them to the chatbox. I just cannot make my addon realize the pet is "summoned" and then kick in and show.

(currently it hides itself until a pet is summoned, but I'm guessing since you can't dismiss your level 1 pet...you technically can't summon it...)

All you can do is change the defensive/offensive/passive status of the pet, really. I'm not quite sure what to tell you. It's more of a guardian than a pet, although it has the pet unit. So I don't know =)

3. Well my addon is basically health, energy, and exp of the pet...so I was just wondering. I mean I just started a level 1 hunter to test it and the cat leveled when my nightelf leveled so it's not like a major item...I just wanted to make sure before I started getting bug reports and such about it.

Thank you for the info!