1. I was trying to make a wow addon that did basic greetings when someone joined my guild, but I am not sure how it would check for this.

I am aware that you can wait for a guild roster update. I don't know how to search the guild roster for the persons name that just joined, so that i can see they are actually in the guild and the update wasn't someone who left the guild.

There is a function called GetGuildRosterInfo and it should give me the name of the player, but I need the index # of the person to use in the query.

any help would be appreciated.

Also, is there any really good material out there that goes over everything i need to know when making wow addons.

2. I was trying to make a wow addon that did basic greetings when someone joined my guild, but I am not sure how it would check for this.

I am aware that you can wait for a guild roster update. I don't know how to search the guild roster for the persons name that just joined, so that i can see they are actually in the guild and the update wasn't someone who left the guild.

There is a function called GetGuildRosterInfo and it should give me the name of the player, but I need the index # of the person to use in the query.

any help would be appreciated.

Also, is there any really good material out there that goes over everything i need to know when making wow addons.

There's the book we wrote about writing WoW addons, and this is the companion site for that book. You can find more information on the About and Store tabs at the top of the site. That being said, you'll need to:

1. Scan your guild roster for a current list of the members
    2. Register for the GUILD_ROSTER_UPDATE event
    3. When the event fires, scan the guild roster and see who was added or removed
    4. Respond if someone was added.

That's the basic idea.

3. Thanks appreciate the help.

Take Care