1. Hi

I have a question about Lua and how I can save the information in SavedVariables folder.

I have an addon call "qwerty" with the next Cmd... "/qwe", when I type /qwe it show me a message, in that point everything is ok.

Now my question is... how i can save my information?

for example if I write /qwe Hello world , how i can save that message in the folder SavedVariables/qwerty.lua?

savedvariables/qwerty.lua

QWERTYDB = { ["message"] = { ["msg1"] = "Hello World", } }

and if I write an other message... "/qwe My second msg"

savedvariables/qwerty.lua

QWERTYDB = { ["message"] = { ["msg1"] = "Hello World", ["msg2"] = "My second msg", } }

thanks for the help and sorry about my english.

PD: I read in WoWwiki about "saving variable", but i try it and i get "Addon incompatible"

ty for help ^^

2. I have an addon call "qwerty" with the next Cmd... "/qwe", when I type /qwe it show me a message, in that point everything is ok.

Now my question is... how i can save my information?

for example if I write /qwe Hello world , how i can save that message in the folder SavedVariables/qwerty.lua?

This is covered in the 'Anatomy of an Addon' chapter. You use the #SavedVariables directive in the table of contents file to indicate which global variables should be saved at the end of a session. You then need to alter your code to not fully initialize until the ADDON_LOADED event with your addon's name as the first argument, since this indicates that your saved variables are loaded.

PD: I read in WoWwiki about "saving variable", but i try it and i get "Addon incompatible"

More information can be found in Chapter 8 of the second edition.

3. Ty!

I try with

qwerty.toc

## Interface: 30000
     ## Title: QWERTY
     ## SavedVariables: Qwerty
     ## SavedVariablesPerCharacter: QwertyMSG
     qwerty.lua

qwerty.lua

local frame = CreateFrame("FRAME");
     frame:RegisterEvent("ADDON_LOADED");

function frame:OnEvent(event, arg1)
      if event == "ADDON_LOADED" and arg1 == "qwerty" then
       Qwerty = "MESSAGE";
      end
     end
     frame:SetScript("OnEvent", frame.OnEvent);
     SLASH_QWERTY = "/qw";
     function SlashCmdList.QWERTY(msg)
      print("Hello World");
     end

And this working good...

How i can do that when i log... in the qwerty.lua ALWAYS save a msg difference?

For example... now only save:

Qwerty = "MESSAGE"

I need save ALWAYS i log, the same MESSAGE...

example... if i log 10 times to day in the qwerty.lua i see

Qwerty = "MESSAGE"
     Qwerty = "MESSAGE"
     Qwerty = "MESSAGE"
     Qwerty = "MESSAGE"
     Qwerty = "MESSAGE"
     Qwerty = "MESSAGE"
     Qwerty = "MESSAGE"
     Qwerty = "MESSAGE"
     Qwerty = "MESSAGE"
     Qwerty = "MESSAGE"

Or also

Qwerty = {
     ["MESSAGE1"] = "MESSAGE",
     ["MESSAGE2"] = "MESSAGE",
     ["MESSAGE3"] = "MESSAGE",
     ["MESSAGE4"] = "MESSAGE",
     ["MESSAGE5"] = "MESSAGE",
     ["MESSAGE6"] = "MESSAGE",
     ["MESSAGE7"] = "MESSAGE",
     ["MESSAGE8"] = "MESSAGE",
     ["MESSAGE9"] = "MESSAGE",
     ["MESSAGE10"] = "MESSAGE",
     }

Ty :)

4. In ANOTHER addon... with another MESSAGE, this saving the information too in qwerty.lua.bak?

or i need another function ?

No. You can make Querty a table instead of a string to save multiple things inside the table. But I don't understand why you'd have a second addon altering the first addon's saved data, but you could do that if you wanted to.

5. I edited my last message

No. You can make Querty a table instead of a string to save multiple things inside the table. But I don't understand why you'd have a second addon altering the first addon's saved data, but you could do that if you wanted to.

Oh. I understand it. ^^

This I am trying to do. I have two addons (EasyEmail and QuickAuction3 (With Auctionner)). I created a website on my local server to control my "Post" in the AH and the money received.

Currently I just copy and paste this information from the chat (With Prat) and my PHP programming with JS, takes the information that I copy and save it in the DDBB (Mysql).

So, I want to save this information in a. Lua with a addon. Then upload it .lua and collect the information automatically. And I'm pretty noob with Lua, I only know web programming. =/

If u can help me or orient ... I'll be very grateful

6. I edited my last message

Please don't. I respond too quickly for that.

Oh. I understand it. ^^

This I am trying to do. I have two addons (EasyEmail and QuickAuction3 (With Auctionner)). I created a website on my local server to control my "Post" in the AH and the money received.

Currently I just copy and paste this information from the chat (With Prat) and my PHP programming with JS, takes the information that I copy and save it in the DDBB (Mysql).

So, I want to save this information in a. Lua with a addon. Then upload it .lua and collect the information automatically. And I'm pretty noob with Lua, I only know web programming. =/

If u can help me or orient ... I'll be very grateful

I can't write your addon for you, and I wrote three books about writing addons for World of Warcraft. As I've said a few times, this stuff is already covered in the book, in a few different places. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I don't really have time to provide support outside the books.

7. I can't write your addon for you, and I wrote three books about writing addons for World of Warcraft. As I've said a few times, this stuff is already covered in the book, in a few different places. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I don't really have time to provide support outside the books.

No, I do not want you to write the code ^ ^ guidance only. And I know your books, but my English is very bad and do not understand all, so I prefer to seek guidance and manuals in Spanish.

But, reading too much and looking online, I do that I wanted