1. Okay, I've started to read the awesome wowprogramming book and I downloaded the util WoW AddOn Studio but when I created a new project I got an error and now I am not able to use neither the Design-view or the Toolbox!

Some other people have also got the same issue. Here is a discussion with an imported picture but no solution! http://addonstudio.codeplex.com/workitem/8859

Please, help! If there is no solution what application can I use instead? I really like AddOn studio because of the easy interface creator. :)

/Avos

2. Unfortunately I can't provide support for Addon Studio. My best recommendation for writing addons is a simple text editor (like SCiTe) and World of Warcraft.

3. I notice from the link you gave that you are trying to use Version 2 of the Addon Studio. I've tried several times to get this working, but have never managed it yet.

Your best bet (if you insist on using a 'creator' type package) is to locate Version 1 of Addon Studio. It has its problems, but is way more stable than version 2, and as long as you keep saving your work at regular intervals should be able to create addons quite easily.

4. Just some help. I am having the same issue and I am going to try the first one. Here is the link: http://addonstudio.codeplex.com/releases/view/9123

5. There is also another addon you can get at curse.com called WOWLUA. it's an in-game editor with keyword highlighting and such.. then you can test the code instantly. Just be sure to save your work constantly. It works well with smaller scrips.. it tends to stagger a little on really big ones (1000 lines ect). I mentioned saving a lot because if it doesn't do what you want or the server goes down (maint or you loose your internet connection) you'll end up loosing your work. I Ctrl-A and copy the script as a back-up also.

6. There is also another addon you can get at curse.com called WOWLUA. it's an in-game editor with keyword highlighting and such.. then you can test the code instantly. Just be sure to save your work constantly. It works well with smaller scrips.. it tends to stagger a little on really big ones (1000 lines ect). I mentioned saving a lot because if it doesn't do what you want or the server goes down (maint or you loose your internet connection) you'll end up loosing your work. I Ctrl-A and copy the script as a back-up also.

The official site for this addon is here, under 'Utils', which links directly to the official distribution at wowinterface.com. But yes, you can use WowLua to test and store snippets of code in-game until you get something 'just right'.

7. I don't know if you noticed the comments on that IDE Interface, or the last date release. But the last time it was ever updated was Wed Feb 11 2009 at 8:00 AM, and that was for a BETA version. It looks like the developer abandoned the project, and it looks like it doesn't work once you install any version of WoW over 3.3.5 Or so the comments say...

8. Yes, that is my understanding. There's not much I can do about it =) That chapter was removed from the second edition of the book as a result.