1. Hello to everyone,

A few days ago i downloaded the Addon Market Watcher on the Curse Gaming website. (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/market-watcher.aspx)

This Addon allow you to scan the Auction House (like Auctioneer) and to display the price evolution in a graphic. After about one week scanning, i face a problem that i try to solve. Ex : If you scan today at 6h00 pm and tomorrow at the same time you won't have the evolution of the price in 24 hours, you will juste have the value of the item for today and tomorrow.

So, what i'm trying to do is to find some script that can make scans 24h/24 so i can get a grpahic that is as much detailled as possible.

Someone on the french WoW Europe forums (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13705612925&postId=137042704998&sid=2#3) told me that it was possible while using this script :

local total = 0

local function onUpdate(self,elapsed)

total = total + elapsed
    if total >= 2 then
        DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("ping!")
        total = 0
    end

end

local f = CreateFrame("frame") f:SetScript("OnUpdate", onUpdate)

This script was found on your website here : http://wowprogramming.com/snippets/Createamini-timerusingOnUpdate_3 It mainly uses the "OnUpdate" function found here :http://wowprogramming.com/docs/scripts/OnUpdate

But i'm really a "noob" in LUA and API programming...I never really messed with Addons. If someone could help me it would be very nice ! =)

Thanks in advance !

Whendyska, Paladin of light

Ps : Will WoW's AFK disconnect me or will the scanning count as a movement ? Is it considered as legal by Blizzard even if i'm not behind my screen while scanning ?

Ps2 : Sorry for my bad English...

2. Unfortunately what you're looking to do isn't really allowed by Blizzard. The load on their servers would be immense, so I'm unable to help you. Your character would be logged out after a period of inactivity anyway, and any attempts to circumvent that are prohibited.

Perhaps the new online Armory/AH integration can provide you with the statistics you're looking for?

3. Thanks for the quick response of you jnwhiteh !

I don't really understand the part about the load on their server ? All the data (graphics, prices,...etc) are saved on my computer's hard disk so their won't be anything that Blizzard's servers will host. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I tought about the new Ah feature on the Armory a few weeks ago, but it would be more complicated to find a programm that does work because it is really new so programmers had not so much time to find an issue. If someone know's a programm that can be used in the armory it would be nice to ! =)

4. If you think about it, it should be possible because the "Postal" part of the "Quick Auction" Addon does exactly what needed but then for mails. It opens evry mail in your mailbox, if there are more than 50, then it waits 60 seconds and then opens them too till there is no mail left. So on Market Watcher it would be something like :

Scanning evry item a 1rst time, Wait 15 minutes (for example), Scann evry item a 2nd time, Wait 15 minutes, Rescann evry item a 3rd time, ...etc

Does someone has a clue about this ?

5. Where do you think those prices come from? You need to query the server using the auction house to do it. That's precisely what I'm talking about.

Now, if you're talking about a limited number of items, you could accomplish it.. but you're still going to be disconnected from the server. If that's the case, why do you need the times every 15 minutes.. why can't you just do it every hour when you log your client back in?

6. Yes, it's just a limited number of items, you have to add them manually with their ID or complete name to see them on your scan list.

With 15 minutes it was just an example but it could be evry hour, or year,... ^^

7. Yes, you can store any information you want. Saved variables are written anytime the UI is reloaded or the client is closed. You can store whatever you want and process it however you'd like. You don't need any time loops or anything.

This is precisely how Auctineer and AuctionLite and other addons work. They store data over a long period of time and compute statistics on them.

8. Ok, so if I understand it right, it would be theoretically possible to make Market Watcher scan items on the Auction House evry X minutes.

If it is, could you help me to programm it please ? (I mean editing Market Watcher's source code to add the functionality to scan nonstop)

Whendyska, Paladin of light

9. Ok, so if I understand it right, it would be theoretically possible to make Market Watcher scan items on the Auction House evry X minutes.

No. You still hit the AFK limit and I won't help you circumvent that.

If it is, could you help me to programm it please ? (I mean editing Market Watcher's source code to add the functionality to scan nonstop)

No, I'm sorry but I'm here to provide support to the readers of my books. I don't have time to write addons for other people, unfortunately.

10. Ok, thank you anyway ! I hope you will write an other fabulous book for Cataclysm ! Good Game for the next 3.3.5 also =)

Bye

11. As of yet, there's no new material in Cataclysm that needs revision for the book.