1. I've got some code that checks the number of party members and number of raid members to determine if the player is currently in a party, raid, or all alone.

What I want is to have some of my addon buttons disabled when not in a raid or group, but enable when the player is in a raid or group. I assume that I'll have to perform the check based on some event and then toggle the state of the buttons at that time.

However, I'm not sure what event would be best to use? Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for your help. Looking forward to your replies.

(Note: I'm in planning stages right now and although I have some working code for the "inside" of my addon, I don't have a complete working prototype to show right now. If I can't do this button enable/disable as the player enters/leaves a group or raid, then I'll have to change how my addon behaves entirely, so I'm trying to plan early.)

2. I've got some code that checks the number of party members and number of raid members to determine if the player is currently in a party, raid, or all alone.

What I want is to have some of my addon buttons disabled when not in a raid or group, but enable when the player is in a raid or group. I assume that I'll have to perform the check based on some event and then toggle the state of the buttons at that time.

However, I'm not sure what event would be best to use? Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for your help. Looking forward to your replies.

(Note: I'm in planning stages right now and although I have some working code for the "inside" of my addon, I don't have a complete working prototype to show right now. If I can't do this button enable/disable as the player enters/leaves a group or raid, then I'll have to change how my addon behaves entirely, so I'm trying to plan early.)

PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED and RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE. When they fire, check GetNumRaidMembers() > 0 or GetNumPartyMembers() > 0 and that'll show you when you're in a party or raid, and when you'e solo.

3. PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED and RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE. When they fire, check GetNumRaidMembers() > 0 or GetNumPartyMembers() > 0 and that'll show you when you're in a party or raid, and when you'e solo.

Thanks Jim. I already have the checks for GetNumRaidMembers() and GetNumPartyMembers working but needed the correct events.

Fantastic answer and fantastic book! Keep up the good work. Gotta love a good programming book!

4. The easiest think of is just stealing what the ConvertToRaid button is set for already.

should be in RaidUI.Lua or RaidFrame.Lua

You probably got some of them or all. The ones mentioned are usually enough, but going through the Eventlist aint such a bad i dea:) Godd luck

Soul