1. Hi guys, me and my friend decided to go all out on coding, our own guild website. We looked around everywhere for what we wanted to save us time. So what we really want to do is keep track of our guild log offline. Some kind of script that make a text file or lua file that puts the Guild log info as simple as it can, automatic or with a script. Really don't mind as long as we get to record.

2. You will not find, and we will not provide support for private servers here.

3. Heh well, i understand not supporting private client.. But this i believe is a legal procedure for games even in the retail game. So please do it for the fact to help me and maybe some other developers who pay for the game. Your help is not to support the private server but a gamer who is too broke to afford to play the game that he enjoys. So please help me.

4. This is very confusing i found some dirrection. But the problme is i have no idea how to code and what to code. My first issue is the main issue is where and how do i find something that tells my wow browser to scan the log in the vault.

5. Heh well, i understand not supporting private client.. But this i believe is a legal procedure for games even in the retail game. So please do it for the fact to help me and maybe some other developers who pay for the game. Your help is not to support the private server but a gamer who is too broke to afford to play the game that he enjoys. So please help me.

Certainly it is, but even worse you're basically asking me to write the addon for you. There's a reason we've written a book about writing addons. The amount of time it would take for me to spec out and explain what you need to do isn't much less than actually writing the addon in the first place.

That all being said, the most you can do with an addon is export the guild log information into a saved variable. This will be a .lua file stored under your WoW installation, and that's where the addon stops and can do nothing more. Anything beyond that requires an application that is running outside of the game, something that is outside the scope of these forums.

6. That is exactrly what i need. I dont mind doing the external part as long as i have the data exported, and a little bit more translated for my understanding. My buddy is a web programming genuise and i used to be. (on the fact of writing the add on yourself, don't i am actually looking up some information to teach me. But helpful direction is is something i like to hear. And thank you for allowing me to explain myself and porting your reply. I appreciate your concern of legality, as its unfair to programmers who put their effort into their job, like yourself putting effort to help other while other like me seem to asking for someone do the job for them) Either way i feel that once exported its a whole different aspect witch is easy for me. But i am not asking for you to write me the book, but maybe hint me into some basic direction where you could tell me what to look for, and what it is. Nothing serious. Or even atleast just keep replying to me in Hint steps to guide me. That way you don't feel so obligated to spend an hour helping me.

7. That is exactrly what i need. I dont mind doing the external part as long as i have the data exported, and a little bit more translated for my understanding. My buddy is a web programming genuise and i used to be. (on the fact of writing the add on yourself, don't i am actually looking up some information to teach me. But helpful direction is is something i like to hear. And thank you for allowing me to explain myself and porting your reply. I appreciate your concern of legality, as its unfair to programmers who put their effort into their job, like yourself putting effort to help other while other like me seem to asking for someone do the job for them) Either way i feel that once exported its a whole different aspect witch is easy for me. But i am not asking for you to write me the book, but maybe hint me into some basic direction where you could tell me what to look for, and what it is. Nothing serious. Or even atleast just keep replying to me in Hint steps to guide me. That way you don't feel so obligated to spend an hour helping me.

I wrote a book to teach you how to write addons. That is why this website exists. I suggest you pick it up, or find another resource, if you are interested in writing addons.

8. completely missunderstood. would i have to do some reserch on what book it is. or are you able to tell me what it is yet i think i have seen a book thiw an author familiar to ur nickname

9. Click the 'about' or the 'store' link at the top of the page...