1. I've read up a good bit on the SecureActionButtonTemplate ( http://wowprogramming.com/docs/secure_template/SecureActionButtonTemplate ), but so far it looks like this is only possible for mouse button clicks. Is there any way to achieve the same effect with keyboard button presses instead of mouse buttons?

I'm attempting to create an add-on that will cast spells which target the current mouseover. Yes, this is achievable by creating a macro for every single one of my spells to set the cast target to mouseover, but that hardly seems like the best solution. I've gotten it all to work fine with 5 mouse buttons, but I'd really like to be able to program the use of keyboard buttons as well.

So, for example, when I'm mousing over a unit frame and I want to cast Rejuvenation (keyboard button 3), all I would have to do is press keyboard button 3 and the spell would auto-target my mouseover without making that my actual target.

2. I've read up a good bit on the SecureActionButtonTemplate ( http://wowprogramming.com/docs/secure_template/SecureActionButtonTemplate ), but so far it looks like this is only possible for mouse button clicks. Is there any way to achieve the same effect with keyboard button presses instead of mouse buttons?

It's a bit complicated. You can use SetBindingClick to set a keyboard binding to a specific click on a specific frame (including a custom button name, something like "myaddon1" or whatever.) But this would cause that click to be set wherever you are in the game. To make it only work when you're over the frame, you'll need to use the new secure snippets system to call SetBindingClick when you mouseover the frame, and clearing the binding OnLeave.

I'm attempting to create an add-on that will cast spells which target the current mouseover. Yes, this is achievable by creating a macro for every single one of my spells to set the cast target to mouseover, but that hardly seems like the best solution. I've gotten it all to work fine with 5 mouse buttons, but I'd really like to be able to program the use of keyboard buttons as well.

For what it's worth, Clique2 will allow this for all unit frames. If you want to do this for avatars in the 3D world, I'd suggest something like SpellBinder which can do this for you.

So, for example, when I'm mousing over a unit frame and I want to cast Rejuvenation (keyboard button 3), all I would have to do is press keyboard button 3 and the spell would auto-target my mouseover without making that my actual target.

Certainly, this is precisely how Clique2 will function.