1. I am pretty new to this stuff but I have the book and find it very useful. One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to make a frame that is both movable around the screen and resizable when you drag the bottom right hand corner of the same screen. I've made a frame that has either one of those properties but can't figure out how to put both together. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. You'll need to EnableSizing() and EnableMoving() or the XML equivalents. Then, you can create a portion of the frame (say the title bar) that has an OnMouseDown or OnDragStart that calls self:StartMoving() and an OnMouseUp or OnDragStop that calls self:StopMovingOrSizing(). If you choose the drag route, remember that you need to enable drags on the button. In order to resize, you'll want to do something similar, only you'll call StartSizing() instead of StartMoving().

If you need, I can probably come up with an example that shows this, but it should be enough to get you started.

3. I currently have an addon I'm working on that has the same issue...I'm just not sure where I need to place all the different events, etc.

I have a button that "unlocks" the frame to drag around, and that same button toggles locking it in place, so I am guessing that I would have to set the Frame:SetResizable(true); and vice versa in those...

BUT, what would I need to do after that? I have an invisible frame that I put everything in, so should I just make an anchor that appears with that also? Then just put Frame:StartSizing(); in that anchor on mouse effect?

or I am thinking about making a right click menu that just has

Small - gauge width=XXX Medium - gauge width = XXXX Large - gauge widht = XXXL

And then just change the widths to set widths. I know if my bar is resized tooo small I will have text overlapping graphics, etc. but I have found a happy minimum.

4. I currently have an addon I'm working on that has the same issue...I'm just not sure where I need to place all the different events, etc.

I have a button that "unlocks" the frame to drag around, and that same button toggles locking it in place, so I am guessing that I would have to set the Frame:SetResizable(true); and vice versa in those...

No, this is just a flag that is required for it to work. If you don't have it and you try to call StartMoving() or StartSizing() you'll get an error which is not what you want. Just make a simple boolean value on the frame itself that tells you whether it is 'unlocked' or not and adjust your handlers accordingly.

BUT, what would I need to do after that? I have an invisible frame that I put everything in, so should I just make an anchor that appears with that also? Then just put Frame:StartSizing(); in that anchor on mouse effect?

or I am thinking about making a right click menu that just has

Small - gauge width=XXX Medium - gauge width = XXXX Large - gauge widht = XXXL

And then just change the widths to set widths. I know if my bar is resized tooo small I will have text overlapping graphics, etc. but I have found a happy minimum.

That may make more sense for your particular need, but you can set a minimum height/width and then the user cannot resize below that point.