1. How do I create a new line for text? For example, in the code below, I want to list my auctions in a frame I have created. It always overwrites with the most recent line in the loop. What is the best way of doing this?

Thanks.

function Button1_OnClick()
        --Frame1:Hide();
        local o="owner" n=GetNumAuctionItems(o)for i=1,n do itemlink=GetAuctionItemLink(o,i); 
        name, buyoutPrice, highestBidder, owner, sold = GetAuctionItemInfo("owner", i)
        FontString1:SetText("Auc: " .. i .. " of " .. n .. " " .. name .. " " .. sold); end
     end

2. How do I create a new line for text? For example, in the code below, I want to list my auctions in a frame I have created. It always overwrites with the most recent line in the loop. What is the best way of doing this?

You could try just adding to the string with a newline, i.e.

local o="owner" n=GetNumAuctionItems(o)
        local txt = ""
        for i=1,n do
          itemlink=GetAuctionItemLink(o,i); 
          txt = txt .. "Auc: " .. i .. " of " .. n .. " " .. name .. " " .. sold .. "\n";
        end
        FontString1:SetText(txt);
      end

3. Yes, I did find that option and tried it, but it didn't work at all. However, I see you have set a variable, txt, and then used Settext(txt). Would that somehow make it function differently?

I will try it out as soon as I can.

Thanks.

4. How do I create a new line for text? For example, in the code below, I want to list my auctions in a frame I have created. It always overwrites with the most recent line in the loop. What is the best way of doing this?

You could try just adding to the string with a newline, i.e.

local o="owner" n=GetNumAuctionItems(o)
        local txt = ""
        for i=1,n do
          itemlink=GetAuctionItemLink(o,i); 
            txt = txt .. "Auc: " .. i .. " of " .. n .. " " .. name .. " " .. sold .. "\n";
        end
        FontString1:SetText(txt);
      end

Unfortunately, the code above did not create new lines. How do others go about doing this? Or where in your book would it cover this subject?

Thanks much.

5. The character used to escape in WoW's FontStrings is the pipe, not the backslash. Try concatenating "|n" onto the end of txt instead.