1. Is there anyway to possibly play animations or game effects through and addon?

Like if i wanted to show the frost nova animation to the player is it possible?

Also, is there anyway to use skills/spells OUT OF COMBAT (i know you can't during combat).

2. Is there anyway to possibly play animations or game effects through and addon?

Like if i wanted to show the frost nova animation to the player is it possible?

Also, is there anyway to use skills/spells OUT OF COMBAT (i know you can't during combat).

You could make a movie if it's a movie file, and play it that way. The only way you can use skills or spells at any time is using the secure template system. Outside of combat you can semi-automate things by intelligently changing attributes, but you still must use secure templates or direct binding using SetBindingSpell() and friends.

3. I thought the movie commands were protected? If not, example on use?

4. I meant model.

http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widgets/#model

5. So. Say I wanted to show a model I don't care of what to the player? I would have to create a frame to hold my model and then set the model to that frame? Or am I way off? I'm kinda new to WoW addons. Been programming a while but the WoW api is new to me.

6. You're getting into something that's incredibly advanced.. most people have never touched models.. simply because they're difficult. Very difficult. You wouldn't need a frame, just the model (which is a widget).

SexyMap may have something that's of interest, I know he does some cool things with the backgrounds that might be models.

7. Don't you worry, I'll figure it out. I'm bound and determined. I'll post back when I do and give a snippet of how I made it work the way I wanted it to.

8. Great, I'd love to see it!