1. How can I find the name of the person who created an auction? I know that using name,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,buyoutPrice,_,_,owner,_=GetAuctionItemInfo("list",index) will give me the name and buyoutPrice of an auction, but often the name is nil.

I understand that the owners' name is coded somehow, and that it takes more time for the name to be returned in a usable format, but I can't work out how to do this sensibly.

I've read some comments that I should try re-getting the auction info for a few seconds until the 'owner' is no longer nil, but while this would be ok for a single item, or even a 50 item page, it is not feasible for a whole auction house scan.

With over 15000 items, adding just 2 seconds to each would result in a scan taking over 8 hours.

My main objective is to create a table containing all the current AH items, but without any of my characters auctions in the list. There may be an obvious method of doing this, but I just can't see it. Any ideas?

2. None. Your best bet is to look at AuctionLite and Auctioneer and see how they handle the issue (if at all). I do know there was a massive issue with getAll and owners, but I obviously wasn't very involved in that.