1. I see that from 3.2 the message() function no longer works. I used to find this useful to force the user to acknowledge an error before they could proceed.

Is there any other way of getting the same result, ie a frame that appears on the screen, with a button and a couple of lines of text?

2. I see that from 3.2 the message() function no longer works. I used to find this useful to force the user to acknowledge an error before they could proceed.

Is there any other way of getting the same result, ie a frame that appears on the screen, with a button and a couple of lines of text?

3. Actually I think I got this worked out now. The _ERRORMESSAGE() function should provide what I need. I had tried this before posting, but I'd not realised about setting the "ScriptErrors" value in SetCvar first. Sorry for wasting space.

4. If you want a button with Okay/Cancel and lines of text, you should be using StaticPopups. See Clique for an example of how they are used. You should not be calling _ERRORMESSAGE, that would be a dirty hack. Instead, use a StaticPopup.