1. Hey, I need help with this: Im doing addon that alert me when someone casting skill x on me, but when i tried this in duels, arg7 was always nil (destName), so i cant "filter" skills that targetting only me

Question is: Why is arg7 nil? How to fix it or if theres any other way how to get destName

2. That information is not always available. In fact, you cannot get the destination of a spell being cast by a unit using COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED. You can get the information about a character that has a valid unit id using UnitCastingInfo.

3. UnitCastingInfo doesnt return name of target of that spell/skill :S Atleast i dont see it in description. Any other ideas?

4. UnitCastingInfo doesnt return name of target of that spell/skill :S Atleast i dont see it in description. Any other ideas?

UnitCastingInfo returns the spell information.. if you don't get the target information then it's not available. Specifically when an enemy tries to cast a spell on one of your friendly units.. you don't really have that information intentionally. You can guess, but that's the best you can do.

5. Hey, I need help with this: Im doing addon that alert me when someone casting skill x on me, but when i tried this in duels, arg7 was always nil (destName), so i cant "filter" skills that targetting only me

Question is: Why is arg7 nil? How to fix it or if theres any other way how to get destName

destName is not always returned. Though if the event occurs in the combat log, you should be able to filter the destFlags to determine if the destination is you. EG:

local COMBATLOG_FILTER_MINE = COMBATLOG_FILTER_MINE
          local COMBATLOG_FILTER_HOSTILE_UNITS = COMBATLOG_FILTER_HOSTILE_UNITS

function COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED(arg1, timestamp, event, sourceGUID, 
     sourceName, sourceFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, spellID, spellName, spellSchool)

local fromEnemy, toMe
          if sourceFlags and not CombatLog_Object_IsA(sourceFlags, COMBATLOG_OBJECT_NONE) then
             fromEnemy = CombatLog_Object_IsA(destFlags, COMBATLOG_FILTER_HOSTILE_UNITS)
          end
          if destFlags and not CombatLog_Object_IsA(destFlags, COMBATLOG_OBJECT_NONE) then
             toMe = CombatLog_Object_IsA(destFlags, COMBATLOG_FILTER_MINE)
          end
          if event == "SPELL_CAST_START" and fromEnemy and toMe and strlower(spellName) == "fireball" then
             print("ALERT: " .. spellName .. " being cast on you!!")
          end

Also take note, using destGUI and sourceGUID will provide basically the same results of sourceName and destName as if the source or destination is an enemy player, the information is not readily available to you. Like doing UnitClass("unit") if my characters name is "fyrye" /script print(UnitClass("fyrye")), will work for your name and return your class/localized class but if you use another name it will return nil nil But initially, Bliz wants you to have a target/focus of some form to return specific information about a unit. EG: raid5targettarget if the 5th member of your raid's target is casting that spell on you