1. I'm trying to make a DressUpModel appear in a frame I have. The problem I'm getting is because I cant use Model:SetUnit("unit") ( I dont have a "unit" to put in there). Instead I'm looking up the information from what the unit was, their race/sex... so I do: Model:SetModel("Character\\"..Race.."\\"..Sex.."\\"..Race..Sex..".mdx") This works great except that it creates a WHITE/GLOWING model without any texture to it. Well in my effort to be creative I tried doing this:

Model:SetUnit("player")
     Model:SetModel("Character\\"..Race.."\\"..Sex.."\\"..Race..Sex..".mdx")

This kind of works, except that the skin on the model is that of the player. So if the player is a Tauren and I try to set up a NightElfFemale that NightElf will have Hoofs! In addition if I try to "Model:TryOn(ItemLink)" the Helm, Weapon, and shoulders appear black.

So my question is: How do I set a texture to the model? I've looked everywhere and I know it has to be possible, if Blizz didn't want us to do this then why let us do "Model:SetModel()" in the first place?

2. I'm trying to make a DressUpModel appear in a frame I have. The problem I'm getting is because I cant use Model:SetUnit("unit") ( I dont have a "unit" to put in there). Instead I'm looking up the information from what the unit was, their race/sex... so I do: Model:SetModel("Character\\"..Race.."\\"..Sex.."\\"..Race..Sex..".mdx") This works great except that it creates a WHITE/GLOWING model without any texture to it. Well in my effort to be creative I tried doing this:

Model:SetUnit("player")
     Model:SetModel("Character\\"..Race.."\\"..Sex.."\\"..Race..Sex..".mdx")

This kind of works, except that the skin on the model is that of the player. So if the player is a Tauren and I try to set up a NightElfFemale that NightElf will have Hoofs! In addition if I try to "Model:TryOn(ItemLink)" the Helm, Weapon, and shoulders appear black.

So my question is: How do I set a texture to the model? I've looked everywhere and I know it has to be possible, if Blizz didn't want us to do this then why let us do "Model:SetModel()" in the first place?

If you don't have a unit than you cannot get this information. The reason for Model:SetModel() is so that we can load other models that aren't of characters. I used this in an older version of TomTom to display minimap arrows, which were simply models. Is there any particular reason you don't have a unit?

3. I'm creating a database, that you can look up a guild member's info later on (After caputuring it previously.) The effect I wanted was to show what that player looked like in addition to list their gear. So at the time I look up the information I cannot confirm if there is a "mouseover" or a "raid..i" etc... I dont care about showing the hairstyle/features correctly. But I guess I'll have to come up with something else :(.

4. Yeah unfortunately that information is not available to us.

5. So if the player is a Tauren and I try to set up a NightElfFemale that NightElf will have Hoofs!

great !!!!

You made my day :D