1. I'm trying to set up a scrolling frame within a tab-frame, within a master frame:

<frame name="master" parent="UIParent" ... >
       <frames>
          <frame name="firstTab" ... >
             <frames>
                <frame name="scrollframe" parent="firstTab" ...>
                   <Size>
                      <AbsDimension x="200" y="100" />
                   </Size>
                   <Anchors>
                      <Anchor point="TOPLEFT" />
                      <Offset>
                          <AbsDimension x="50" y="-50" />
                      </Offset>
                   </Anchors>

The master frame, and tab frames all render and operate (associate lua events) correctly. However, the innermost frame, the one earmarked for scrolling content, will not get off the border of the tab frame and offset into any point (unless I use a CENTER anchor point) within the tab frame area.

And, regardless of what I set the offset to, using {Rel | Abs}Dimension, the only way I can move "scrollframe" around, is via the ANCHOR point directive....I've also tried relativeTo="$parent" with no luck.

I'm new to wow-xml, so it's probably something staggeringly simple...

TIA...

2. I'm trying to set up a scrolling frame within a tab-frame, within a master frame:

<frame name="master" parent="UIParent" ... >
       <frames>
          <frame name="firstTab" ... >
             <frames>
                <frame name="scrollframe" parent="firstTab" ...>
                   <Size>
                      <AbsDimension x="200" y="100" />
                   </Size>
                   <Anchors>
                      <Anchor point="TOPLEFT" />
                      <Offset>
                          <AbsDimension x="50" y="-50" />
                      </Offset>
                   </Anchors>

The master frame, and tab frames all render and operate (associate lua events) correctly. However, the innermost frame, the one earmarked for scrolling content, will not get off the border of the tab frame and offset into any point (unless I use a CENTER anchor point) within the tab frame area.

And, regardless of what I set the offset to, using {Rel | Abs}Dimension, the only way I can move "scrollframe" around, is via the ANCHOR point directive....I've also tried relativeTo="$parent" with no luck.

Without seeing your code, or an example of the problem it is really difficult to tell you what is going on. I don't really understand your description of the problem at all.

3. no matter - I nuked it and went another way.

thanks anyway...