1. Greetings wowprogramming.com.

So i purchased your book approximately two weeks ago, and i have managed to create my own AddOn. However my memory is still abit fussy about all these control structures, functions, etc but i'm getting better for every day. I do not regret the slightest that i bought your book, its so well written and i understand 90% of it with ease!

However, i couldn't find a proper lightweight editor which could handle both .Lua and .XML, and those you recommended in the book was not in my taste. So i decided to try out:

Notepad++ LuaEdit SCiTE

My favourite of those 3 was the SCiTE, however it didn't include all the functions that i was searching, so i decided to modify it a little bit. I have now managed to add WoW APIs aswell as an build-in interpreter which is based on your luac-wow and lua-wow.

Tooltips for each API has been added aswell. I think this Editor might become very useful for others - so if you like you can add it to your Utils download page. Here is a few screenshots of the functions included.

Build-In WoW Interpreter: 1, Make a .Lua file and make sure its saved. 2, Add a WoW code (e.g. print(strsplit(":", "Hello:World:of:Warcraft")) 3, Press F5 to run the build-in interpreter.

Interpreter

WoW API: Tooltip1

Tooltip2

2. I'm sorry, but I am not comfortable with having links to an external executable. Please feel free to post the files you needed to change in order to make the changes in order to share with others.

3. I'm sorry, but I am not comfortable with having links to an external executable. Please feel free to post the files you needed to change in order to make the changes in order to share with others.

So you'd like me to add the different files individually, outside a .zip file?

Like: lualib.api <- 1x Download link, lua.properties <- 1x Download link, etc?

4. Yes, text files. You can put them up on gist.github.com or some other pastey site. Ideally they should not be posted some place that requires me to register for an account, or I won't allow a link to it from here.

5. Yes, text files. You can put them up on gist.github.com or some other pastey site. Ideally they should not be posted some place that requires me to register for an account, or I won't allow a link to it from here.

You don't need to register an account to download it :) Download SciTE.rar click the SciTE.rar @ this url: http://www.speedyshare.com/kDAH3/SciTE.rar

This would be the direct download link, causing you to download instantly when clicking here:

http://www.speedyshare.com/kDAH3/download/SciTE.rar

But i can sure add the libaries text code aswell as the API files etc. But that will require me to add an "installation guide", but sure, i don't mind that :)

Is this the correct forum to do so?

Btw - i'm sorry for my english, i'm not very good at it :)