1. Hi everyone. I am new to LUA programming. I've been a programmer for over 10 years, so I am not new to it...but...I need help here...

    I created a new AddOn as described in WoW Programming (2nd Ed.), and took some ideas from other AddOns I looked at. When I run WoW, I see my AddOn listed as loaded...but it doesn't do anything. I made a simple AddOn just to play with, and I can't get anything to function. I know I am probably overlooking something simple and silly, but at this point I need help. The AddOn doesn't display in the chat window my "loading" message. Nor do my SLASH commands work. I am at a complete loss...

    I can send my code to anyone who is willing to take a few minutes to look at it, or post it here...either way. Please let me know.

    Thanks!

    Hi everyone. I am new to LUA programming. I've been a programmer for over 10 years, so I am not new to it...but...I need help here...

    I created a new AddOn as described in WoW Programming (2nd Ed.), and took some ideas from other AddOns I looked at. When I run WoW, I see my AddOn listed as loaded...but it doesn't do anything. I made a simple AddOn just to play with, and I can't get anything to function. I know I am probably overlooking something simple and silly, but at this point I need help. The AddOn doesn't display in the chat window my "loading" message. Nor do my SLASH commands work. I am at a complete loss...

    I can send my code to anyone who is willing to take a few minutes to look at it, or post it here...either way. Please let me know.

    There are a few sections on troubleshooting your loading issues, but it depends on whether or not you have XML files (check Logs\FrameXML.log) or you're mostly using Lua. If it's Lua, you should make sure that you have Lua errors enabled (Interface Options -> Help -> Display Lua Errors).

    You should also ensure the files are properly listed in the table of contents file.

    Can't say much else without more information. The most likely causes are that your code has an error (would show up in Lua errors), the file isn't listed in the table of contents, or your code doesn't do what you think it does.

    There are a few sections on troubleshooting your loading issues, but it depends on whether or not you have XML files (check Logs\FrameXML.log) or you're mostly using Lua. If it's Lua, you should make sure that you have Lua errors enabled (Interface Options -> Help -> Display Lua Errors).

    You should also ensure the files are properly listed in the table of contents file.

    Can't say much else without more information. The most likely causes are that your code has an error (would show up in Lua errors), the file isn't listed in the table of contents, or your code doesn't do what you think it does.

    AH! Thank you! That is what I needed. I turned on the Display LUA Errors and bingo! I had one function that had an if... end if...end instead of if...endif...end Darn spaces! Hehehe

    Thanks! Wish the IDE I am using would have warned me of that.